Information, Advice and Guidance
Safeguarding our students, staff and visitors is an important issue to us.
- Promotion of your health and development
- Ensuring your safety and care
- Ensuring you are offered the best life chances
- Protection from abuse and neglect
- Prevention of bullying and harassment.
The term 'safeguarding' embraces both child and vulnerable adult protection and preventative approaches to keep our students, staff and visitors safe. Safeguarding encompasses students’ health and safety, welfare and well-being.
PROCAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We have developed a Safeguarding Policy and Procedure that aims to meet this commitment. We run a programme of sessions (called OneWorld) that help students keep themselves safe from harm and abuse and to be good British citizens.
Our policy covers:
- Abuse and neglect
- Prevention of discrimination
- Anti-bullying and harassment
- Addressing attendance issues
- Supporting health care plans for students with specific medical needs
- Raising awareness of radicalisation and extremist activity
- Safety and security.
To download this policy, please <