Job Title: Software and BIM (Building Information Modelling) Course Instructor
Department: Faculty of Construction and the Built Environment
Reporting to: Head of Faculty
The Faculty of Construction and the Built Environment at Prospects College of Advanced Technology invites applications for the post of a Building Information Modeller instructor to enhance our engagement with industry through the provision of BIM services, teaching and commercial training.
You will have a degree (or related qualification / experience) in a construction related subject, with specialisms in BIM, digital technology in the built environment, competence in digital generation and representation. You will be required to teach the application of BIM within industry, construction technology and sustainable design. Other duties will depend upon your specific background. You will be expected to make an enthusiastic contribution to the life of the college and faculty.
We are particularly interested in seeking candidates with knowledge of proprietary BIM and peripheral software. You will have advance knowledge of packages such as Autodesk software including Revit and should be adept with Autodesk Navisworks Manage to support, and help develop, cutting edge digital practices on the specialist courses in the department.
Additional teaching experience in the subject of management, logistics and supply chain would also be beneficial. Experience in undertaking laser scanning to be converted into usable 3d models for the refurbishment, operation and optimisation of buildings would also be desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience in BIM with a wide range of stakeholders across both academic and industrial sectors for FE courses through to higher degree courses.
Applicants should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or related qualification / experience in either: Computing or related subject; Architecture Technology; Construction, Engineering or related subject; 3D design.
- Experience of software development and utilising 3D packages.
- Evidence of creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to develop research and publish in conferences and journals is desirable.
- To enable PROCAT to deliver outstanding provision in BIM and to meet the needs of employers, apprentices and full time Fe and higher level degree students by:
- Supporting the development of on and off the job training and assessment for software and BIM apprenticeship and full time study programmes.
- Ensuring that the programmes are delivered in an effective manner that will allow each member of the teaching staff and the programmes as a whole achieve the targets set (success and timely success).
- Responsible for the quality of their Teaching, Learning and Assessment.
- Manage the facilities, materials and processes for programmes to be delivered effectively, which may include some curriculum design, course writing or course review.
- For your own cohorts; through good and outstanding teaching, mentoring, support and encouragement, meet or exceed the success rates for each cohort taught.
Quality Measures / Outputs
- Ensure that all Software and BIM course provision is at, or is actively working towards judgements of outstanding. Measured by progress on QIP actions, observations and learning walks.
- Maintain or develop outstanding customer satisfaction, promoting further commercial and apprenticeship training opportunities, as measured through service reviews and surveys.
- Achieving or exceeding targets set.
- How outputs will be achieved.
- Maintain currency in personal field of expertise or of agreed broadening of personal skills relevant to the changing demands of the business of the college.
- Carry out BIM specific training needs analysis at new and existing employers.
- Develop BIM specific course offer and curriculum with Head of Faculty and Technical Advisors.
- Draw on the expertise and resources of the wider College to enable responsibilities to be met and quality measures and outputs achieved.
- Maintain and assist with the development of BIM specific training areas within the college.
- Identify training and partnership opportunities with existing and new employers within the sector, where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults.
For you own teaching
- Use of ‘best practice’ teaching and assessment guidelines and support. Coach, mentor and observe learners and identify training needs.
- Inspire learners and encourage motivation for lifelong learning.