Available for: 16-19, Apprenticeships,
An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organisations productivity.
Networking and Architecture
- Maintenance Processes, Cabling and Connectivity
- Architecture of computer systems and business IT architecture
- Numerical Skills, understand where to apply the relevant numerical skills
- Maintaining a Secure Network, the relevant networking skills necessary to maintain a secure network
Mobile and Operating Systems Cabling and Connectivity
- Operating System Software and Configuration: Understanding and working knowledge of current operating systems.
- Remote Systems Management: Understand the importance of disaster recovery and the application of disaster recovery plan with remote support.
- Configuration and Management of Cloud Services : will gain an understanding and working knowledge of the Cloud and cloud services.
- Disaster Recovery: the apprentice will understand the importance of disaster recovery, how a disaster recovery plan works and their role within it
Coding and Logic
- General overview of command line scripts : A general overview of command line scripts
- Common commands and uses of scripts : Learn the common commands and uses of scripts
- Scripting Language Syntax : Recognise different coding and language
- Application Lifecycle management : Application lifecycle management
- Algorithms and Data Structures : Algorithms and data structures
- The Fundamentals of Web Page Development : The fundamentals of web page development
Business Processes : Understanding of business processes and apply these skills in a working enviormnet
Working Knowledge of Business IT Skills : Working knowledge of business IT skills required by an organization
|Technical Competencies||Technical Knowledge and Understanding||Underpinning Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours|
Related Job Roles
- Help Desk Technician
- First or Second Line Support
- IT Infrastructure Technician
- Network Support
- IT Technician
- Junior Support Engineer
- Helpdesk Support Advisor
- Junior Helpdesk Analyst
- Junior Systems Administrator
- 1 days per week (day release)
- Block / Relase
- Online learning
- A minimum of GCSE English grade 4 or C
- GCSE Maths grade 4 or C
- 4+ or C in science Science / Technology subject preferred.
- English and Maths: Level 2 English and Maths will need to be passed, if not already, prior to taking the end point assessment.