English and Maths Tutor
Job Title: English and Maths Tutor
Department: English, Maths and ICT
Reporting to: Course Team Leader
Job Purpose: To deliver outstanding teaching and learning ensuring all learners meet their predicted outcomes for English/maths
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons which meet the Ofsted criteria for ‘Good’ or better.
- To ensure accurate assessment and progressive feedback of learners’ work against criteria.
- Create, maintain and analyse accurate data in relation to learners.
- Produce effective, accurate and current records to ensure that all parties are clear where each learner is at any given time and how to progress further.
- To ensure learners are engaged and motivated to learn through active teaching and learning strategies that are learner-centric at all times
- To respond to and support students’ additional needs with referral on to appropriate parties.
- To embed and promote British Values and support and respond sensitively and empathically to student disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding.
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Achievement of key performance indicators for both GCSE and Functional Skills (achievement, pass rates, retention and attendance).
- Observations/learning walks are at required standard or above.
- Learner satisfaction at 90% or above with a clear understanding of the benefits of obtaining English skills.
How outputs will be achieved:
- Develop all lesson plans and associated resources ensuring planning for individualised learning takes place which in-turn leads to the delivery of active and engaged learning.
- Fully implement tracking systems, monitor and complete, sharing with all stakeholders to ensure that learners understand fully what needs to happen to achieve and exceed their targets.
- To complete reviews/progression data/registers and any other associated reports to inform both internally and externally in a timely way.
- Plan and deliver appropriate assessments in accordance with awarding body criteria and work related outcomes.
- Work with associated parties to ensure that where support is in place this is highlighted within planning and shared in a timely manner to enable students to exceed their aspirations.
- Embed maths, ICT and contextualise English into planning and delivery working with vocational areas to ensure learning is relevant.
- Collaborative working with vocational staff to embed and contextualise English/maths throughout a learner’s journey.
- Participate and fully engage in CPD working on identified areas for improvement as evidenced through learning walks, observations and college areas for improvement.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment.