Cook/Supervisor (Canvey Campus)
Job Title: Cook/Supervisor
Location: Canvey Island Campus. Mepple Avenue, Canvey Island, Essex
Salary: Up to £9.14 per hour
Hours of work: Full-time (37.5 per week, working pattern TBC) – this is a term-time contract
Reporting to: Catering Manager
Job Purpose: To provide a friendly and professional catering service, ensuring that high standards are maintained and the service runs smoothly
- To prepare, cook and present food to the high standards required by the Catering Manager.
- To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day running of the kitchen, including the management of the Catering Assistant.
- To assess employee performance and recognise training needs through the performance management process..
- To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required, and feed back to the Catering Manager.
- To assist the Catering Manager in preparing the annual budget; to achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget
- To develop and evolve the catering offer, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented
- To maintain a very high level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- To keep food waste to a minimum.
- To provide cover to other campus during non-pupil weeks and as required.
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Customer feedback.
- Team work.
How outputs will be achieved:
- Customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- To regularly monitor customer feedback and produce a suitable action plan based on the results.
- To be customer focussed at all times, by being visible during service periods, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
- To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met.
- To treat your team members as you would expect to be treated.
- To ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and motivated about their roles and the business through effective induction, accurate job descriptions and on the job training.To maintain accurate financial management of the kitchen.
- To follow the company banking and cash security procedures.
- To order all necessary supplies and equipment, following company purchasing procedures.
- To complete a stock take on a monthly basis.
- To accurately control stock ordering, food rotation, stock control to minimise waste.
- To ensure the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health & Safety, Food Safety, Environmental Legislations and procedures.
- To produce Food Safety and Health & Safety Risk Assessments for the kitchen, ensuring that all standards and procedures with regards to Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained.
- To record and report all accidents within the location.
- To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
- To attend food safety, health and safety and environmental training courses as required.
- To establish and maintain the kitchen cleaning schedule.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment.
The postholder should embody our core values of Professionalism, Equality, Integrity and Accountability. Applicants will be required during the interview process to demonstrate how their skills/competencies meet the requirements for the role and how they share our core values.