Chief Financial Officer
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reporting to: Principal and Chief Executive
Duties and Responsibilities
The CFO is responsible for the effective financial and commercial management of PROCAT and its subsidiaries, ensuring sound and accurate financial control and assuring that all decision making by the Board and management is based on accurate and timely information.
Key Roles and Accountabilities
- Form a close working relationship with the Chief Executive, other Senior Executives and Governors.
- Contribute to the development of strategy and decision making across all areas of the business, providing timely and accurate information.
- Work with colleagues to assist in formulating strategies and business plans.
- Oversee and monitor performance against funding and other commercial contracts to ensure optimum performance and compliance.
- Establish a high level of credibility and good relationships with external parties including customers, advisors, bankers and funding bodies.
- Oversee the estates strategy and monitor and review the cost, quality and efficiency of services including catering, cleaning and service contracts.
- Report regularly to the Board, providing accurate, timely and relevant financial information and performance data.
- Ensure that all budgets and financial plans are prepared, reviewed and tightly monitored at all levels and across the College and its subsidiary companies, intervening as necessary where financial targets are not being achieved.
- Take overall responsibility for the College’s accounting function to ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts and rolling cash flow forecasts.
- Develop and implement activity costing and/or contribution analysis reporting to inform pricing strategies and inform resource allocation across PROCAT.
- Take ultimate responsibility for treasury management and investments as well as proactive monitoring and forecasting of cash flow.
- Develop and implement College policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions.
- Ensure the effective operation of systems and processes for procurement; supplier payment; debt recovery and credit control.
- 'Develop robust costing models suited to achieving required margins in both levy-funded and commercial training.
Management Information Systems
- Ensure that the College’s financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure that the College’s management information systems (MIS) are fit for purpose and capable of reporting key performance indicators reliably, accurately and on time.
- Support the MIS Manager to ensure timely and effective monitoring of monthly performance against all main funding contracts and income streams.
- Review and reform as necessary MIS data programs across all activities in the College, supporting high levels of control by the senior management team.
Audit and Risk Management
- Ensure the timely and accurate production and presentation of the annual statutory accounts to the Audit and Risk Committee and Corporation Board.
- Lead on the Group’s contact with internal and external auditors, supporting the preparation of the annual internal audit plan and effective management of audit fieldwork.
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure that effective and systematic financial and procurement policies, procedures and processes are in place to safeguard College resources.
- Develop and implement effective processes for risk management including the analysis and reporting of risks along with action plans to manage / mitigate risk.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met including compliance with the Skills Funding Agency financial memorandum and timely submission of all statutory returns.
Responsibility for Health & Safety
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites.
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department.
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team.
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team.
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment, where provided.
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment.