STEM Career Awareness Day
New for 2017 to 2018 the PROCareer team is offering to run STEM awareness days targeted at students in schools. These days will:
- deliver engaging information, advice and guidance (IAG) on careers linked to science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM);
- educate young people about apprenticeship opportunities and the skills shortage linked to STEM within the engineering and construction sectors;
- enable young people to engage with a range of local and national employers to find out more about job roles, the skills and knowledge required and the training and career opportunities that are available once an individual is employed;
- provide teachers who support the event with up to date information that they can then share with their colleagues and other year groups;
- motivate students to realise the relevance and importance of studying STEM related subjects, inspiring them to go on and achieve.
The day will include a series of practical activities such as CV writing and interview skills as well as a hands on engineering task. Sessions will be supported by Apprentice Ambassadors who we know from experience can readily engage with students and discuss with honesty what it is like to be an apprentice.